“It's no great way to die. The generals love napalm. It has a big psychological effect.”
-- Colonel James Alles, commander of Marine Air Group 11, who admitted US forces used napalm against Iraqi forces in March-April 2003. The Independent (UK), August 10, 2003
* Willie Pete and the Theo-logicians of Empire by Lila Rajiva, November 20, 2005
Incinerating Iraqis: The Napalm Cover-Up by Mike Whitney, June 27, 2005
* Pentagon Reverses Position and Admits U.S. Troops Used White Phosphorous Against Iraqis in Fallujah, by Democracy Now!, November 17, 2005
* War Without Rules by George Monbiot, The Guardian, November 15, 2005
* Field Artillery, a publication of the US Army, in its March-April 2005 issue, reported "[White Phosphorous] proved to be an effective and versatile munition... [and] as a potent psychological weapon against the insurgents in trench lines and spider holes."
* Fallujah: the Hidden Massacre: Video documentary broadcast by RAI, the Italian state broadcaster, on the US massacre in Fallujah, and evidence of US use of chemical weapons. Includes corroborating interviews with US troops. Via Chris Floyd's web site (.wav format, note: graphic images)
US criticized for use of phosphorous in Fallujah raids, The Independent,
Nov. 9, 2005
U.S. used banned weapons in Fallujah -- Health ministry, Aljazeera.com,
March 3, 2005
* Fight to Survive: The blog of US Marine Jeff Engelhart, who served in Iraq and is featured in the video documentary above.